Drill Pipe Cement Head
● The Drill Pipe Cement Head is an attachment to the drill pipe that provides the ability to pump cement slurry down the drill pipe or running string to cement the casing liner in place.
● The cement slurry is transferred from the pumper truck through the pump line and into the cement head via the manifold and plug valves.
● Drill Pipe Cement Heads contain and release the pump down plug which follows the cement slurry down the hole until the plug latches into the liner wiper plug.
Pressure increases inside the drill pipe until pins are sheared in the liner wiper plug, allowing it to latch into the landing collar.
Features of Drill Pipe Cement Head
● Maximum Operating Pressure up to 10,000 PSI.
● Equipped with a robust self-contained retractable pin with a quick-start thread to hold the pump down plug in place until it is ready to deploy.
● Heavy duty bearing swivel below the head to permit rotation of the string to release the Liner Setting Tool.
● Lift capacities have been optimized to meet the equipment performance. Pressure versus Lift charts are available on request.
● May be re-configured to meet the requirements of various plug lengths and styles.
● Pick-up sub for handling and installing the cement head as well as lifting the string
Drill Pipe Cement Head Size Options
● Dill Pipe Cement Heads support the drill pipe sizes for 3-1/2“, 4" and ”4 1/2".