This tool continues to be the subject of research and development to find new materials for faster drillout time, greater PDC bit drill-ability and better metal-tometal sealing.
Features of Mechnical Stage Collar
• Tools can be made from material grades up to 135,000 psi min yield, including material suitable for sour gas service.
• All parts are custom fitted and subjected to extensive quality control standards for maximum performance downhole.
• No welds are used on any portion of the tool.
• The reduced length of the tool minimizes the effect of bending stresses.
• The pressure-relief design prevents fluid trapping and compression between the opening device and the closing plug during the closing phase of the tool’s operation.
• The closing sleeve is held in the closed position by an internal lock ring.
• Both the opening and closing sleeves lock against rotation for easy drill-out.
• A min amount of aluminum and rubber are the only materials encountered during drill-out. Plug sets for four different cementing applications are available.
Stage Collar ( DV Tools ) support the casing sizes from 4 1/2" thru 16".